Friday, February 29, 2008

AAA: A Girl's Best Friend

The American Automobile Association has gotten me out of more jams than I can count, from flat tires to dead batteries. But they're also a great resource for travel.

With membership comes the opportunity for free travel books, chockful of information on hotels, dining, sightseeing and more. In the midst of planning a roadtrip, I swung by my local office and picked up a huge stack of free tour books for every state I might go through and a free regional roadmap to boot. AAA's travel agents can help you with trip planning and ticket reservations, too.

The annual membership fee can vary, depending on where you live. And though I hate paying annual fees, as a traveler and a driver, I find this one is well worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agreed! I just used it to jumpstart my battery when the temps dipped below freezing and I used it last year for a roadtrip to New England. Totally worth the money.